Reporting to the Director, Product Strategy, the Procurement Specialist plays an integral role in the execution of the procurement strategy, inventory management, product transfers, sourcing and transactional accuracy for Commercial Agribusiness. The Procurement Specialist also plays an active role in process and system improvements within procurement and in collaboration with internal business partners.
The Procurement Specialist is responsible for the management and optimization of all vendor rebate programs for the Commercial Agribusiness. The Procurement Specialist is the subject matter expert of vendor marketing programs and is accountable for leveraging these programs internally to drive significant financial results. This position is responsible for the development of an ongoing maintenance of scheduled opportunities in marketing programs with key vendors. The Procurement Specialist will liaise with Product Strategy Managers and vendors to establish the best financial position for UFA and play a key role in communicating program priorities to field sales management.
- Manage and optimize vendor rebate programs in conjunction with the Director, Product Strategy and the Product Strategy Managers.
- Responsible to develop a sales and marketing strategy, in coordination with Product Strategy Managers, to maximize vendor rebate programs.
- Accountable to drive business results and maximize all opportunities during program life cycle, to increase profitability.
- Recognized subject matter expert for key vendor marketing programs.
- Liaise directly with key vendors to execute the vendor rebate programs and build strong vendor relationships
- Participate in vendor planning meetings as a key UFA stakeholder.
- Attend and facilitate vendor training sessions.
- Work with the Product Strategy Managers to procure to sales and ending inventory forecast/plan and manage to weekly inventory targets.
- Work directly with internal business partners and suppliers to manage requests in a timely manner.
- Work with business partners in determining supplier strategy and savings opportunities.
- Role comprises a cross-section of Commercial Agribusiness categories, including: Crop Storage and Equipment, Seed and Inoculant, Crop Protection Products, Fertilizer, and Livestock.
- Responsible for replenishment management
- Set & maintain replenishment settings, exception monitoring, vendor performance.
- Update supplier costs, including freight and article details.
- Continually evaluate procurement options to achieve improved inventory management: right product, right place, right time and in the correct quantity to maximize customer satisfaction and sales performance. Develop/execute inventory rebalancing initiatives within area of responsibility.
- Actively participate in vendor buying agreement negotiations. Work with business partners to assess vendor performance and make recommendations on strategic sourcing opportunities.
- Perform PO creation / PO management, remedy invoicing discrepancies and coordinate time-sensitive seasonal purchase order creation and delivery between vendors, sales team, UFA distribution and stores.
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture or a business-related field preferred or a combination of education and experience.
- 7-10 years of business experience. Preference given to those with a strong knowledge of agriculture. Experience with agribusiness marketing and crop input vendor rebate programs is an asset.
- Completion of procurement or supply chain management courses or working towards a professional purchasing designation (PMAC, CPP, SCMP) would be an asset.
- Demonstrated aptitude and capability for growing revenues and market share in the agricultural industry.
- Able to translate complex contract terminology into plain language, in order to drive business results.
- Superior organizational skills; ability to set and manage multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to form strong team-based relationships with internal customers.
- Self-starter with the ability to work both in a team environment and independently.
- Effective negotiation, facilitation and communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Strong analytical/financial skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office and knowledge of materials management software/databases.
- Knowledge of Microsoft D365 is an asset.
External Applications: Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the posting number in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please email your resumes and Complete Form – Application For In-House Position, posting number, and forward to email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
UFA Co-operative Limited is an Alberta-based agricultural co-operative with more than 120,000 member-owners. Founded in 1909, UFA's network comprises more than 111 bulk fuel and Petroleum Cardlock locations, 34 Farm & Ranch Supply stores and a support office located in Calgary. Independent Petroleum agents and more than 950 employees provide products, services and agricultural solutions to farmers, ranchers, members, consumers and commercial customers in Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan.