Reporting to the Manager, Human Resource (HR) Operations, the Senior Human Resources Consultant is responsible for developing, executing and facilitating practical, timely and effective initiatives and solutions to support his/her client group in the planning, implementation, and execution of their business objectives and strategies. The Senior HR Consultant will provide expert level consultative skills that influence policies and processes based on UFA and applicable related legislative standards and acts, specifically in the areas of employee relations, performance management, recruitment, selection and hiring, workforce planning, change management and other related human resource practices. The Senior HR Consultant will work closely with senior managers and partner with HR team members to ensure the coordination of human resource services and processes to business units that are both within the Calgary Corporate Office and at UFA’s field locations.
- Provide guidance, advice and coaching to client group leaders on the full spectrum of core HR services, policies and practices and employee relations matters. Lead the development of new programs, policies, and solutions to support client needs and ensure consistent and appropriate implementation.
- Partner with Management in the development and implementation of strategies that support the development, engagement and retention of employees. Provide coaching and guidance to management, employees and others in HR to effectively address workplace issues.
- Conduct research and provide recommendations to enhance or streamline HR processes, procedures and practices.
- Partner with hiring managers to interpret compression analysis data, complete job descriptions, determine job requirements and targeted banding prior to handing off to talent acquisition.
- Analyze and identify people issues and trends within the client group and participate in their resolution.
- Interface with other members of the HR team to inform them of business issues/priorities and help formulate solutions. Implement and manage change in partnership with the business units and others in HR.
- Partner with other HR department members to contribute and collaborate on development of programs and services to meet business requirements.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma with 8 -10 years’ experience
- Expert level working knowledge of Employment Standards/Labour Law, Change Management, Recruitment, Employee Relations, Performance Improvement, Resource Planning and Process Consultation, Merger, Acquisition & Divestiture- may be identified as the organizational Subject Matter Expert in one or more of these areas.
- Demonstrated understanding of the development and administration of large scale project HR policies, practices and procedures.
- HR experience gained working on complex HR initiatives and day to day business interactions with various client groups.
- Advanced abilities to visualize, articulate, and solve complex problems, making informed decisions, and formulating a plan.
- Able to adapt to a changing environment.
- Able to segment priorities accordingly, and driven to produce high quality results
- Practice high level communication skills, both verbal and written, including listening and negotiating.
- Possess intermediate computer skills. Able to use Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Possess basic knowledge of ERP systems.
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation is an asset.
To ensure a safe work environment, UFA Co-operative Limited has a Substance Abuse and Driver Abstract process in place. The successful applicant will be required to pass (negative result) a drug (includes cannabis) and alcohol screening test as a condition of employment. They will also need to provide a driver’s abstract which is satisfactory to the UFA.
External Applications: Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the posting number in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please email your resumes and Complete Form – Application For In-House Position, posting number, and forward to “WORK”.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
UFA Co-operative Limited is an Alberta-based agricultural co-operative with more than 120,000 member-owners. Founded in 1909, UFA's network comprises more than 111 bulk fuel and Petroleum Cardlock locations, 34 Farm & Ranch Supply stores and a support office located in Calgary. Independent Petroleum agents and more than 950 employees provide products, services and agricultural solutions to farmers, ranchers, members, consumers and commercial customers in Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan.