Reporting to the Service Manager at All Peace Petroleum in Grande Prairie, the Electrical Service Technician is responsible to complete general repairs/commissioning of petroleum and electrical related equipment located at retail service stations, bulk plants and aviation locations. Will also include the maintenance of our rental fleet equipment at various remote locations. General service areas including, but not limited to, Northern Alberta, Northern B.C., N.W.T. and Yukon. We offer a competitive benefits package, eligibility for overtime and the opportunity for continuous year-round work. Staff are committed to their work and providing excellent customer service which lends to a great work culture.
- Performs electrical, electronic, and mechanical repairs and commission equipment as assigned by complying with UFA, All Peace/Bar W, insurance company and government regulations.
- Coordinate customer relations by managing allocated calls efficiently to improve service and decrease costs. This includes planning for adequate tools and equipment necessary for efficient work.
- Ensure safe practices are being followed in accordance to Health and Safety policies and practices.
- Accountable for completing all required documentation correctly and in a timely manner.
- Assist in development and contributing of ideas for operational and technical improvements to existing equipment and technology.
- Journeyman or Master Electrician with Commercial service work experience.
- Ability to manage multiple service/project work requests.
- Exceptional customer/people skills.
- Basic knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Require mathematical and mechanical aptitude, an analytical approach to problem solving, physical strength, manual dexterity, good hand-eye coordination and an ability to work at heights.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and electrical code specifications. Knowledgeable about computerized machinery and efficient with hand tools.
- Valid Class 5 license. Required to work away from home overnight when required. Required to be available to be part of a rotating shared on call schedule when scheduled.
- Be able to pursue continuing education opportunities to enhance job performance.
- Responsible to read, understand and comply with UFA, All Peace/Bar W and client's Health, Safety and Environment Policies and Safe Work Practices and/or Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's).
To ensure a safe work environment, All Peace Petroleum/UFA Co-operative Limited has a Substance Abuse Policy in place. The successful applicant will be required to pass (negative result) a drug and alcohol screening test including a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
External Applications: Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the posting number in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please email your resumes and Complete Form – Application For In-House Position, posting number, and forward to “WORK”.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
All Peace is head-quartered in Grande Prairie, Alberta with operations focused in the downstream maintenance, calibration and construction business as well as a tank rental and mobile cardlock solutions business.