Along with 4-H, we are helping to grow future farmers and ranchers who are financially literate and responsible with credit. It’s part of our commitment to our members.
That’s why we’re offering the UFA Youth Credit program!
As a 4-H member, you can apply with a UFA member in good standing to get up to $3,000 in credit to UFA Farm and Ranch Supply stores to help with your annual project. You’ll also get hands-on experience applying for and managing credit.
How to apply:
- Talk to your parents or an adult UFA member in good standing. You’ll need their help to apply and co-sign your loan.
- Apply online by filling in the application form and emailing it back to firstname.lastname@example.org. Printed forms can be dropped off at your nearest UFA Farm & Ranch Supply Store, or UFA Petroleum Agency.
- Signup at myUFA to track and manage your credit!
What to expect when you apply
- 4-H members of any age can apply, but must have a UFA member in good standing to co-sign your credit application.
- Your credit application will be reviewed by UFA’s Credit Adjudication team. If they have questions, they’ll contact you.
- If your application is approved, UFA will open an account in your name with your approved credit to use at UFA Farm and Ranch Supply Stores.
- You will not have to make any payments or pay any interest on your loan, as long as you repay it after you sell your project before July 31st. If you need longer to repay your loan, you will be responsible for the interest from the date of your first transactional purchase on your credit account. UFA may contact your co-signer for payment if your loan is overdue.
- We recommend you use myUFA to manage your monthly statements online.
- Each month, you will be provided a statement of your account so you can see how much credit you’ve used. You can make payments on your account anytime, but you are not required to make a payment, nor will you incur any interest on your loan until July 31st.