The Manager, Business Intelligence & Analytics will serve as the subject matter expert in data modeling as well reporting and analytics design and development. The Manager, Business Intelligence & Analytics will provide leadership and direction in both IT and the business to ensure we are leveraging our data to provide the business with meaningful insights that drive action. The Manager will also lead and coach the Business Intelligence team in technical skills and methodologies and collaborating with the business. The position fully understands the people, processes, and technologies required to ensure outcomes promised are delivered.
- Build and lead a high performing Business Intelligence team.
- Work closely with the data team to understand and deliver the data modelling requirements.
- Collaborate with the business to understand BI solution business requirements and suggest solutions to resolve the business problem.
- Decide on best business design to meet reporting needs for the organization. Work with peers to ensure correct understanding and implementation of these business needs.
- Coach Business Intelligence team in delivering technical solutions based on business requirements.
- Troubleshoot and maintain existing applications required.
- Implement new enhancements to BI, supporting additional insight into existing products and services.
- Ensure correct implementation on initiatives from beginning to end.
- Educate & train user community on the potential uses of the business intelligence system.
- Perform and adopt best practices in testing and reporting: usability, data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Manage direct reports, including providing regular feedback, managing performance, supporting career development, and ensuring team members have what they need to be successful.
- Support the technical team in providing technical leadership to the rest of the IT team.
- Willing to perform other job duties/responsibilities as may be assigned for the successful operation of the business.
- Degree/Diploma (or equivalent training and experience) in a Technology or Business related discipline.
- 5+ years of team management, leadership experience, management of cross-function teams, influencing senior management and key partners.
- 5+ years’ experience with ETL processes and Data Modelling.
- 5+ years’ experience in BI platform management, and/or development, preferably SAP BW
- Expertise in data modeling with tools such as SAP Business Warehouse (BW) and Cloud Analytics services.
- Deep understanding of report / dashboard visualization tools such as PowerBI, BEx (Business Explorer), and Analysis for Office.
- Ability to work closely with business and IT leadership.
- Curious and hardworking for continuous learning.
- Critical thinker, analytical and professional.
- Capable to work in fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
External Applications: Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and quote the posting number in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please email your resumes and Complete Form – Application For In-House Position, posting number, and forward to “WORK”.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
UFA Co-operative Limited is an Alberta-based agricultural co-operative with more than 120,000 member-owners. Founded in 1909, UFA's network comprises more than 111 bulk fuel and Petroleum Cardlock locations, 34 Farm & Ranch Supply stores and a support office located in Calgary. Independent Petroleum agents and more than 950 employees provide products, services and agricultural solutions to farmers, ranchers, members, consumers and commercial customers in Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan.