This position will rotate within all the areas in Finance to work with multiple stakeholders, to gain well-rounded experience. A portion of the role’s time will be spent in UFA’s Accounting team, Treasury operations and in the Business Development team.
- Ensure the accuracy, timeliness and integrity of information.
- Assist with month end close process including: assisting with bank reconciliations, drafting journal entries and supporting schedules.
- Assist with documentation of new business processes by working closely with multiple departments across the organization on finance related projects.
- Assist in the preparation of reports.
- Ad hoc projects involving financial analysis, industry and peer research as required.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or General Business.
- Strong knowledge of complete Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Organizational, planning, and communication skills.
- Information gathering and information monitoring skills.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Judgment and decision-making ability.
- Self-starter who can show initiative.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Can adapt to a dynamic work environment.
- Professional and personable attitude.
- Ability to deal with confidential information in a professional manner.
- Background in Agriculture or Downstream Petroleum businesses would be an asset.
- Preference will be given to students in a co-op program.
External Applications: Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and quote the posting number in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please email your resumes and Complete Form – Application For In-House Position, posting number, and forward to “WORK”.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
UFA Co-operative Limited is an Alberta-based agricultural co-operative with more than 120,000 member-owners. Founded in 1909, UFA's network comprises more than 111 bulk fuel and Petroleum Cardlock locations, 34 Farm & Ranch Supply stores and a support office located in Calgary. Independent Petroleum agents and more than 950 employees provide products, services and agricultural solutions to farmers, ranchers, members, consumers and commercial customers in Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan.