UFA has been named one of Alberta’s Top 70 Employers for the 5th consecutive year. Alberta’s Top Employers is an annual competition, carried out by Mediacorp Canada Inc., recognizing Alberta employers that lead their industries in offering exceptional places to work.
“We are extremely proud to be named one of Alberta’s Top Employers for the fifth year in a row,” said Carol Kitchen, President & CEO of UFA. “We have been focused on building well-rounded, rewarding opportunities for our employees and we are proud of the talent we are able to attract as a result of this commitment.”
Employers across the province were evaluated by the editors at Canada's Top 100 Employers using the same criteria as the national competition: (1) Physical Workplace; (2) Work Atmosphere & Social; (3) Health, Financial & Family Benefits; (4) Vacation & Time-Off; (5) Employee Communications; (6) Performance Management; (7) Training & Skills Development; and (8) Community Involvement. Employers are compared to other organizations in their industry to determine the most progressive and forward-thinking programs.
Some of the reasons why UFA Co-operative Limited is recognized as a top employer include:
- A commitment to long-term development of employee growth through educational reimbursement and internal learning & development programs
- A dedication to community investment
- A strong work/life balance
- Values, culture and reputation
- A robust heritage and history
- Competitive benefits and salaries
- Social clubs and programs