UFA and 4-H Alberta celebrate community volunteers – National Volunteer Week April 10-16
UFA Co-operative with 4-H Alberta is pleased to announce the return of the UFA 4-H Alberta Alumni Service Award in celebration of National Volunteer Week. UFA values the importance of recognizing the outstanding contributions of volunteers that make our rural communities a better place for all. This annual award recognizes three 4-H volunteers who best demonstrate leadership through volunteerism within their communities.
In honour of National Volunteer Week, nominations will open on April 11, 2016. To be eligible the 4-H Alumni recipient must:
be volunteers who have not won the award in the past,
- be committed to rural communities,
- have enhanced their community as a 4-H volunteer for at least two years,
- and must be involved with more than one community project/group/association.
In recognition of their contributions three recipients will be awarded:
1 Grand Champion $1,000 UFA gift certificate
2 Reserve Champions $500 gift certificate (each)
- Registration Opening: April 1, 2016, National Volunteer Week.
- Nominations Close: July 29, 2016
- Recipient Celebrations: November 2, 2016 in celebration of ‘Wear Your 4-H Colours’ Day’
To nominate someone whose community contributions deserve recognition, fill out the nomination form:
If you have questions regarding the award, please contact Dina Sutherland, Community Investment Manager, by email at Dina.Sutherland @UFA.com or 403-570-4214