Reporting to the Manager, the Yard Shipper/Receiver is responsible to efficiently, effectively and accurately receive products into the store; place in appropriate storage locations; and adhere to all UFA customer service standards. This includes ensuring that member / customers are promptly and efficiently served; inventory is received, shipped and handled in an accurate and safe manner, and equipment is maintained.
- Participate in all aspects of the shipping/receiving/inventory functions, accountable for accurate daily completion of all receiving, shipping, inventory control and administrative requirements; ensure excellent service is provided to all customers.
- Perform maintenance on inventory or cycle counts, as directed.
- Operate all materials handling equipment. Assist in forklift and equipment maintenance.
- Load and unload trucks. Follow UFA loading and unloading procedures to ensure products are safely secured.
- Conduct store inventory in prescribed manner. Maintain yard and warehouse appearance as assigned, and in compliance with UFA’s safety and operational standards.
- Responsible for “Own the Aisle” area of assigned responsibility in yard to ensure UFA merchandising and inventory standards are consistently maintained.
- Make deliveries when required.
- In role entails picking, building and shipping building packages.
- Grade 12 diploma with 1 - 2 years of related experience or equivalent may be 3 - 5 years related experience without grade 12 diploma.
- Capable of physical labour.
- Extensive forklift experience.
- Must be comfortable using a forklift and loading trucks with large loads of product.
- Basic computer proficiency required as may be cross trained on POS system. Previous cash handling experience an asset.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Is a safety sensitive position as will be on site at UFA facilities and will be using UFA material handling equipment.
- UFA will provide WHMIS and TDG training to successful candidate; whom must remain current in any and all certifications.
To ensure a safe work environment, UFA Co-operative Limited has a Substance Abuse Policy in place. The successful applicant will be required to pass (negative result) a drug (includes cannabis) and alcohol screening test as a condition of employment.
External Applications: Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the posting number in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please email your resumes and Complete Form – Application For In-House Position, posting number, and forward to “WORK”.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
UFA Co-operative Limited is an Alberta-based agricultural co-operative with more than 120,000 member-owners. Founded in 1909, UFA's network comprises more than 111 bulk fuel and Petroleum Cardlock locations, 34 Farm & Ranch Supply stores and a support office located in Calgary. Independent Petroleum agents and more than 950 employees provide products, services and agricultural solutions to farmers, ranchers, members, consumers and commercial customers in Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan.