Reporting to the Manager, Business Applications or Manager, Forecast & Replenishment, the Business Analyst III is responsible for analyzing organizational problems that involve software and technology components. The BA III works with stakeholders to enable the business to realize benefits, avoid costs, and identify new opportunities. The BA III establishes an understanding of the structure, policies, and operations of the organization related to business opportunities, and works with IT delivery teams to identify, recommend, and deliver viable solutions. This work is accomplished by applying analysis tools, techniques and methodologies.
This position will require a high level of engagement and timely delivery of detailed documentation as it relates to various initiatives.
- Assist the business and IT to define and understand business opportunities, capture the current business situation, business scope, change objectives, detailed requirements, constraints, dependencies, risks, and the processes that are impacted.
- Identify solution options, along with the IT and business solution team, by investigating and assessing viable solution options. Identify opportunities for process optimization.
- Provide stakeholders with a clear understanding of resolution options by documenting solution options; including solution constraints, risks, impacts, the total cost of delivering and supporting the solution options, and the solution value. Ensure the clear interpretation of business needs by defining and documenting detailed solution specifications so that the development and test activities are carried out successfully.
- Support all phases of software development life cycle including analysis, design, configuration, testing, and deployment of solutions, post-production support/maintenance, documentation, and end-user training.
- Support the testing of new capabilities by developing Requirements Traceability Matrices, developing test cases and creating/executing test plans.
- Document and communicate updated processes and assist with end user adoption and transition to operational support.
- (IT only) Develop the Business Analysis practice at UFA; identify the role of the BA in IT service delivery, identify and adopt toolsets, create/update templates, and define the methodology. Work with various stakeholders to support IT service delivery by participation in and documentation of: Initiative Assessments, Solution Specifications, Business Cases, Solution Selection Summaries, SOWs, Financial Risk Analysis, RFIs and RFPs.
- Additional responsibilities as required.
- Degree or Diploma with equivalent training and experience, preferably in Business or Computer Science. CBAP Certification or comparable BA certification
- Minimum of six years’ experience involving progressively more challenging responsibilities in Business Analysis and IT system solution development.
- Experience in an SAP and/or Microsoft Dynamics 365 environment is an asset.
- Advanced skills in MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project,
- Ability to manage and deliver to multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
- Self-starter, results-oriented with a track record of timely high-quality deliverables.
- Strong communication, presentation, negotiation, facilitation, conflict resolution and analytical skills.
External Applications: Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and quote the posting number in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please email your resumes and Complete Form – Application For In-House Position, posting number, and forward to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
UFA Co-operative Limited is an Alberta-based agricultural co-operative with more than 120,000 member-owners. Founded in 1909, UFA's network comprises more than 111 bulk fuel and Petroleum Cardlock locations, 34 Farm & Ranch Supply stores and a support office located in Calgary. Independent Petroleum agents and more than 950 employees provide products, services and agricultural solutions to farmers, ranchers, members, consumers and commercial customers in Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan.