Reporting to the Store Manager, the Customer Sales and Service Representative 3 is responsible for serving and assisting customers in the selection of goods and services to meet their needs. Position may be based in either UFA store or yard for majority of shifts, but cross training for both areas required. The Representative provides service in accordance with UFA’s Customer Service Policy and initiates and/or implements corrective action as required to ensure that an excellent standard of service and a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert by providing guidance and assistance to other employees on product knowledge, customer service best practices and UFA policies and procedures. Assists Customer Sales and Service Representative with minor customer service issues.
- Provide prompt service and assistance to UFA’s customers in a friendly and courteous manner either in person or over the phone. Responsible for CRM (Customer Relationship Management) with regular UFA customers.
- Key holder responsibilities, over sight of opening and closing functions of the farm store.
- Responsible for supporting the Store Manager with all functions related to store operations. Will be delegated supervision authority in the absence of the Manager/ASM.
- Assist with the accurate and timely shipping and receiving of products.
- Ensure that sales leads are either executed to outstanding customer service standards or are transferred using UFA’s lead management system to an outbound sales representative for completion.
- Perform maintenance on inventory or cycle counts, as directed.
- Responsible for “Own the Aisle” area of assigned responsibility in store to ensure UFA merchandising and inventory standards are consistently maintained or equivalent assigned area of responsibility in UFA yard. May work in either store or yard depending upon business needs during the scheduled shift.
- Ensure store, yard, warehouses, and exterior locations are clean, neat, well organized, and in compliance with UFA’s safety and operational standards.
- Assist with special projects, such as other support for other Farm Stores, Farm Shows, Trade Fairs, etc.
- Grade 12 Diploma with 5+ years of related experience in a customer focused environment.
- Demonstrated expert level knowledge in Agribusiness products and supplies. Acts as a Subject Matter Expert.
- Cash handling, computer proficiency and previous customer service experience required.
- Agriculture or AgriBusiness background, interest, and aptitude are required along with expert level knowledge of agricultural products.
- Proven leadership with peer-to-peer coaching and mentoring abilities.
- Strong salesmanship skills with an extensive customer focused background required.
- Is a safety sensitive position as will be on site at UFA facilities and will be using UFA material handling equipment. The successful applicant will be required to pass (negative result) a drug and alcohol screening test as a condition of employment.
- Self motivated with a continuous learning approach about the business of UFA.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Warehouse or yard and forklift experience an asset. Will be required to obtain forklift operator training to work in yard environment.
- Capable of taking on occasional responsibilities beyond the current scope of the position.
- Capable of physical labour; capable of lifting up to 25 kg.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Pesticide Dispenser and AMS Certification preferred.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Must remain current with any and all required certifications, including WHMIS and TDG.
To ensure a safe work environment, UFA Co-operative Limited has a Substance Abuse Policy in place. The successful applicant will be required to pass (negative result) a drug (includes cannabis) and alcohol screening test as a condition of employment.
External Applications: Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and quote the posting number in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please email your resumes and Complete Form – Application For In-House Position, posting number, and forward to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
UFA Co-operative Limited is an Alberta-based agricultural co-operative with more than 120,000 member-owners. Founded in 1909, UFA's network comprises more than 111 bulk fuel and Petroleum Cardlock locations, 34 Farm & Ranch Supply stores and a support office located in Calgary. Independent Petroleum agents and more than 950 employees provide products, services and agricultural solutions to farmers, ranchers, members, consumers and commercial customers in Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan.