Reporting to the Store Manager, the Assistant Store Manager assists and supports the Store Manager with all functions related to store operations including the direct supervision of in store and yard employees. The Assistant Store Manager ensures company objectives are met and UFA policies are adhered to. Responsible to perform management functions in the Store Manager's absence.
- In conjunction with the Store Manager, ensure compliance is adhered to with all company policies and procedures pertaining to payroll, financial controls, budgeting and the protection of company assets.
- Responsible for accuracy and adherence to all standard POS processes as well as interim processes established to accommodate special promotions.
- Ensure that company policies, best practices, and certifications are completed in a timely and efficient manner. Assist the Store Manager with UFA’s safety culture; help achieve UFA’s safety targets through training, coaching, monitoring, and continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with the Store Manager with leading daily operations and supervision including motivating and coaching staff to meet and exceed store sales targets. Ensure that staff are qualified and properly trained to perform the task or operate the equipment that they are assigned to. Deliver on daily start-up checklists and tasks; ensure that short term maintenance tasks are completed on time and of quality to maximize the operating availability and efficiency.
- Assist in maintaining the visual presentation of product and accessories and ensuring they comply with corporate visual presentation and merchandising directives.
- Collaborate with operations, merchandising, and business support to operate with UFA standard operating procedures.
- Acts as the Store Manager in his/her absence.
- Grade 12 Diploma with one to three years of progressive supervisory experience - focus on sales and customer service (sales, production, service) in a business to business sales and service environment with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Market awareness of customers and segments and changing market factors.
- Strong people and leadership skill set (Coaching, mentoring, delegation, direction, reward, recognition).
- High energy, positive attitude, enjoys working with people.
- Computer competence, with emphasis on point of sale systems, business intelligence (BI) reporting functions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Is a safety sensitive position as will be on site at UFA facilities and will be using UFA material handling equipment. The successful applicant will be required to pass (negative result) a drug and alcohol screening test as a condition of employment.
- Will be required to obtain WHMIS, TDG, and forklift operator training to work in yard environment.
- Must remain current with any and all required certifications.
To ensure a safe work environment, UFA Co-operative Limited has a Substance Abuse Policy in place. The successful applicant will be required to pass (negative result) a drug (includes cannabis) and alcohol screening test as a condition of employment.
External Applications: Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the posting number in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please email your resumes and Complete Form – Application For In-House Position, posting number, and forward to email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
UFA Co-operative Limited is an Alberta-based agricultural co-operative with more than 120,000 member-owners. Founded in 1909, UFA's network comprises more than 111 bulk fuel and Petroleum Cardlock locations, 34 Farm & Ranch Supply stores and a support office located in Calgary. Independent Petroleum agents and more than 950 employees provide products, services and agricultural solutions to farmers, ranchers, members, consumers and commercial customers in Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan.