The Inventory Management Clerk is responsible for managing all inventory control related activities at the UFA location from which they operate. Reporting to the Inventory Control Supervisor, and taking day-to-day direction from the Store Manager, the Inventory Management Clerk ensures that all inventory control procedures are executed appropriately to ensure minimal stock losses and high levels of inventory accuracy. The IMC executes investigations through to the root cause of variances identified through inventory control processes and provides support to their location on corrective behaviour.
- Adhere to inventory management processes in Loss Prevention, and audit SOPs, to result in improved inventory accuracy at site.
- Complete all inventory movement onsite including, but not limited to cycle counts, negative on hand, zero on shelf, goods issue and any identified variances in Inventory.
- Carry out thorough investigation on all inventory variances, to understand root cause of variance and work with site staff to create corrective actions.
- Identify the stock requirements in the Farm Store and working with the replenishment team to ensure optimum min/max levels.
- Assist Store Manager with monitoring expiry dates, assist with merchandising and stocking of product, monitor in- transit issues and ensure proper labeling protocols are being followed.
- Submit Distribution Center Discrepancies and follow up to ensure the corrective actions are taken.
- Take a strong role in the preparation for the yearly All Store Inventory Count (ASIC) and take the lead in performing site recounts following ASIC.
- Work collaboratively with site staff to stress the importance of effective inventory counts and management.
To ensure a safe work environment, UFA Co-operative Limited has a Substance Abuse Policy in place. The successful applicant will be required to pass (negative result) a drug (includes cannabis) and alcohol screening test as a condition of employment.
- Grade 12 diploma with 1-2 years of related experience.
- Relevant professional qualification and/or suitable background experience in inventory management.
- Aptitude for working with numbers (numeracy).
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Agriculture or AgriBusiness background, interest, and aptitude are an asset.
- Able to work productively, efficiently, and effectively while maintaining attention to detail and quality.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and/or SAP is an asset.
- Capable of light labour.
External Applications: Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the posting number in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please email your resumes and Complete Form – Application For In-House Position, posting number, and forward to “WORK”.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
UFA Co-operative Limited is an Alberta-based agricultural co-operative with more than 120,000 member-owners. Founded in 1909, UFA's network comprises more than 111 bulk fuel and Petroleum Cardlock locations, 34 Farm & Ranch Supply stores and a support office located in Calgary. Independent Petroleum agents and more than 950 employees provide products, services and agricultural solutions to farmers, ranchers, members, consumers and commercial customers in Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan.