Reporting to the Area Manager, the Store Manager oversees the day-to-day operations of a single Agribusiness operating facility. The position holder will be able to successfully balance the needs of a safe operating environment, ensuring that UFA’s assets are operating at a high level of efficiency, leading a customer focused team, ensuring accurate inventory, safeguarding of UFA’s assets, and ensuring high quality customer service.
- Ensure that company policies, best practices, and certifications are completed in a timely and efficient manner. Be on the on-site lead for UFA’s safety culture; help achieve UFA’s safety targets through training, coaching, monitoring, and continuous improvement.
- Build a high-performance team that delivers on the operational efficiency targets for the operating assets and employees under their guidance. Manage all areas of the Agribusiness operating facility to ensure the business is set up for sustainable financial growth. Reach and exceed all metric-based goals, including sales targets and revenue goals.
- Lead daily operations management and supervision of a high-volume store including motivating and coaching staff to meet and exceed store sales targets. Ensure that staff are qualified and properly trained to perform the task or operate the equipment that they are assigned to. Deliver on daily start-up checklists and tasks; ensure that short term maintenance tasks are completed on time and of quality to maximize the operating availability and efficiency.
- Ensure inventory is protected in compliance with UFA inventory management standards and practices to ensure high levels of accuracy and minimal losses.
- Ensure that destination agriculture products and services are delivered accurately, efficiently, and in a timely manner.
- Maintain the visual presentation of product and accessories and ensuring they comply with corporate visual presentation and merchandising directives
- Work directly with Sales and Service Representatives to increase customer experience. Manage existing customer relationships and reach out in market for post-purchase follow up and care. Ensure that sales leads generated by the team members reporting to them are transition to outstanding customer service standards.
- Collaborate with operations engineering, merchandising, or business support to operate with UFA standard operating procedures.
- 5+ years of operational experience in a leadership role in a customer service and operational excellent centered organization.
- College diploma or degree is an asset. Agriculture or Agribusiness background, interest, and aptitude.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Proven leadership skills which include successfully being a part of or leading high-performance teams.
- Results oriented with a track record of using accountability and performance metrics to drive the right behaviour and business outcomes in either themselves or people reporting to them.
- Strong written, oral and presentation communication skills.
- Experience in inventory management practices.
- Ability to work collaboratively and take a leadership role with all managers/leaders within Area.
- Comfortable working within and complying with safety certification, monitoring, and compliance programs.
- Successfully used change management practices to ensure that changes remain in place and benefits were realized.
- Skilled in setting clear, attainable, and measurable goals for direct reports; use coaching and feedback, proactive performance management, talent development and capable of managing diversity to ensure results are in line with those goals.
- Superior organizational skills; ability to set daily and weekly priorities and maintain momentum through efficient and effective business planning with a focus on continuous improvement. Ensure that they are available to coach and provide feedback to employees throughout the work day.
- Strong salesmanship skills with a customer focus and the capability to coach and develop direct reports to successful outcomes.
- Solid critical thinking, analytical and structured problem-solving skills.
- Strong business acumen and ability to maintain current market awareness.
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office suite, SAP, and point-of-sale systems in a retail environment.
To ensure a safe work environment, UFA Co-operative Limited has a Substance Abuse Policy in place. The successful applicant will be required to pass (negative result) a drug (includes cannabis) and alcohol screening test as a condition of employment.
External Applications: Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and quote the posting number in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please email your resumes and Complete Form – Application For In-House Position, posting number, and forward to “WORK”.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
UFA Co-operative Limited is an Alberta-based agricultural co-operative with more than 120,000 member-owners. Founded in 1909, UFA's network comprises more than 111 bulk fuel and Petroleum Cardlock locations, 34 Farm & Ranch Supply stores and a support office located in Calgary. Independent Petroleum agents and more than 950 employees provide products, services and agricultural solutions to farmers, ranchers, members, consumers and commercial customers in Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan.