Reporting to the Procurement Supervisor, the Procurement Coordinator is responsible for the daily oversight of supplier relationships; spend visibility, process compliance, and transactional accuracy. The Procurement Coordinator also plays an active role in process and system improvement within procurement and in collaboration with suppliers and internal business partners (Product Strategy Managers/Merchants).
- Procure to the approved sales and ending inventory forecast/plan
- Work directly with internal business partners and suppliers to fill requests and requirements in a timely fashion
- Support internal business partners in determining supplier strategy and savings opportunities
- SAP replenishment management (Set & Maintain Replenishment Settings, exception monitoring, vendor performance)
- Continually evaluate procurement options to achieve improved inventory performance and meet assigned market plans for in store inventory position performance: right product, right place, right time in the correct quantity to maximize customer satisfaction and sales performance
- Actively participate in vendor buying agreement negotiations
- Provide data support team with proper information to create and maintain Layout modules and listing information within SAP, according to the assortment planning strategy provided by Product Strategy Manager/Category Planner
- Maintain supplier costs in Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Develop/execute inventory rebalancing initiatives within area of responsibility
- Process, compliance and transactional accuracy (PO creation, PO changes and supplier invoicing discrepancies)
- Work with business partners to assess vendor performance and make recommendations on strategic sourcing opportunities
- Respond to supplier and business partner inquiries
- Minimum 5 years’ experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Agricultural background is an asset
- A Bachelor’s degree or diploma, preferably in agriculture, business or related field is an asset
- Completion of procurement or supply chain management courses or working towards a professional purchasing designation (PMAC, CPP, SCMP) is an asset
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Proficiency in MS Office and knowledge of materials management software/databases
- Effective interpersonal, negotiation, facilitation and communication (both written and verbal) skills
- Ability to deal with competing priorities and manage time appropriately
- Self-starter and the ability to work both in a team environment and independently
External Applications: Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and quote the posting number in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please email your resumes and Complete Form – Application For In-House Position, posting number, and forward to “WORK”.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
UFA Co-operative Limited is an Alberta-based agricultural co-operative with more than 120,000 member-owners. Founded in 1909, UFA's network comprises more than 111 bulk fuel and Petroleum Cardlock locations, 34 Farm & Ranch Supply stores and a support office located in Calgary. Independent Petroleum agents and more than 950 employees provide products, services and agricultural solutions to farmers, ranchers, members, consumers and commercial customers in Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan.