Reporting to the Agency Manager, the Truck Driver is responsible for making timely, accurate deliveries to UFA’s members and customers. This role has significant impact on customer’s perceptions of UFA and service excellence is required.
- Make deliveries to UFA members or customers when required.
- Load and unload trucks, ensure that product signed for matches the product being unloaded. Follow UFA’s loading and unloading procedures and OH&S safety procedures to ensure products are safely secured. Ensure to comply with all Transportation and OH&S regulations as well as UFA Fleet policies on maintenance, driver logs and inspections. Adhere to UFA Commercial Driver expectations and policies at all times.
- Assist with shipping and receiving functions on a regular basis when not on delivery, including operates forklifts and other equipment if applicable.
- Assist in forklift and equipment maintenance and performs safety checks. Adhere to safety regulations.
- Provide customer service within UFA’s customer service guidelines, including heavy lifting on a frequent basis.
- Maintain delivery logbooks as required.
- Perform on other duties if required: i.e.: shipping and receiving product from vendors (as assigned); perform maintenance on inventory or cycle counts, as directed; participate in after hours on call rotation; maintain cardlock and assist with cleaning and maintenance including snow removal; assist with weekly and monthly site inspections when required, etc.
To ensure a safe work environment, UFA Co-operative Limited has a Substance Abuse and Driver Abstract process in place. The successful applicant will be required to pass (negative result) a drug (includes cannabis) and alcohol screening test as a condition of employment. They will also need to provide a driver’s abstract which is satisfactory to the UFA.
- Grade 12 diploma with 1-2 years of related experience, or equivalent of 3-5 years related experience.
- Clean Class 1 (or 3 with Q endorse) Driver’s abstract.
- Capably of physical labor, including lifting items up to 25kg on a regular basis.
- Must have basic computer literacy skills.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Forklift license (if applicable).
- Agricultural or petroleum background is desirable.
External Applications: Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the posting number in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please email your resumes and Complete Form – Application For In-House Position, posting number, and forward to “WORK”.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
UFA Co-operative Limited is an Alberta-based agricultural co-operative with more than 120,000 member-owners. Founded in 1909, UFA's network comprises more than 111 bulk fuel and Petroleum Cardlock locations, 34 Farm & Ranch Supply stores and a support office located in Calgary. Independent Petroleum agents and more than 950 employees provide products, services and agricultural solutions to farmers, ranchers, members, consumers and commercial customers in Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan.