Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Communications, the Internal Communications Specialist will assist in the development of communication strategies and tactics that drive engagement with internal and external audiences. This person will be expected to help tell the UFA story to internal stakeholders like employees and leaders, but also to other key stakeholders such as UFA’s member owners and elected representatives. To do this effectively it is essential that this person also have solid business acumen as well as strong project management and organizational skills. Exceptional communication and writing abilities are required, as well as a capacity to learn and understand all the critical strategic and operational elements of UFA’s business.
- Under the direction of the Manager, Corporate Communications, proactively contribute to the development and execution of strategic and tactical initiatives that inform, engage, educate and influence UFA’s member owners, elected representatives, petroleum agents and employees.
- Build internal brand reputation through management of written internal corporate communication materials including: newsletters; annual and quarterly financial reports; communiques and announcements; and other projects as determined. Support and contribute to the content required for internal employee leader communications, speeches, presentations, correspondence and town halls.
- Prepare and draft when required, highly sensitive, competitive and critically confidential information on behalf of the senior leadership team and the board of directors. Manifest the re-energized brand tone, approach and positioning to ensure alignment.
- Prepare and deliver communications in support of the dissemination of information by numerous internal clients to a variety of internal stakeholders, such as employees and agents. This will include materials prepared on behalf of Health and Safety, Human Resources, Government Relations, Community Investment, IT, business units, CAMS/agents. Guide, support and prepare communications on the performance of UFA, including financial and operational performance, to all key stakeholders including member owners and elected UFA representatives.
- Provide and assist in timely, relevant member owner digital content, messaging and positioning and, intranet channel and platform, keeping pace with the current and future needs of the organization.
- Build and foster strong relationships across the organization; grow and strengthen cross-functional integration of team efforts and activities that deliver results annually.
- Assist in other communication projects and initiatives as required.
- Measure effectiveness of projects or campaigns through effective use of data, analytics and customer feedback mechanisms.
- Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration, Communications or Journalism, or equivalent from a recognized program, plus a minimum of 3 - 5 years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Excellence in business writing, editing and proofreading skills, with exemplary attention to detail. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively including expert writing, oral and presentation capabilities, interpersonal and presentation skills, diplomacy, and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to develop strategic and proactive internal communications, engagement and social initiatives to support (champion), engagement and culture and build employee support.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to independently research, prioritize and assemble details for all aspects of a project or initiative.
- A results-oriented and enthusiastic team player who thrives on new challenges and responds expeditiously to new priorities.
- Strong customer service skills to adeptly investigate client needs and negotiate and employ communication solutions that are both cost effective and aligned with stated audience needs.
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to work well under pressure to meet numerous tight deadlines, all while managing multiple customer demands and priorities.
- Professional membership with CPRS / IABC or other related professional association would be an asset. Knowledge of CP Style Guide required
External Applications: Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the posting number in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please email your resumes and Complete Form – Application For In-House Position, posting number, and forward to “WORK”.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
UFA Co-operative Limited is an Alberta-based agricultural co-operative with more than 120,000 member-owners. Founded in 1909, UFA's network comprises more than 111 bulk fuel and Petroleum Cardlock locations, 34 Farm & Ranch Supply stores and a support office located in Calgary. Independent Petroleum agents and more than 950 employees provide products, services and agricultural solutions to farmers, ranchers, members, consumers and commercial customers in Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan.