Reporting to the Manager, Customer Finance, the Reporting Analyst is responsible for identifying opportunities, analyzing and evaluating information, and implementing solutions for business reporting, processes, and control deficiencies. The role will be relied upon to be the data and process expert for Customer Finance. Collaborate with internal clients to continually evaluate efficiency opportunities and make enhancement recommendations. Prepare ad hoc and ongoing reports for the department. Perform other assigned Customer Finance tasks under the direction of management.
- Responsible for researching, testing, planning, facilitating meetings, documenting, and implementing new or improved processes.
- Training and mentoring staff to ensure that new processes are fully understood and adhered to.
- Ensuring that periodic accounting accruals relating to customer finance are posted and accurate.
- Identify and design clear, reliable, detailed testing scripts for customer finance that addresses any potential risks during system implementations.
- Assisting in training and supporting testing staff during test cycles and coordinating resolution of any defects found.
- Developing, maintaining and updating a portfolio of reporting that provides timely, accurate, and useful information to customer finance on a daily basis and senior management monthly or as required.
- Develop/maintain a portfolio of documentation for all processes, control areas, and reporting that exists or is developed for customer finance.
- Providing support to audit teams both internal and external to meet audit concerns in an efficient and reliable manner.
- Providing support and analysis to other departments within UFA relating to customer finance processes, controls, and reporting.
- Post-secondary diploma in Business Administration or Accounting and/or a minimum of 5 + years of experience in a reporting analyst role.
- Must have a strong understanding of financial accounting procedures, general ledgers and reconciliations.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Access database creation, implementation and maintenance is required, including understanding of SQL.
- Extensive computer skills & systems experience– MS Office, Financial (including POS) & informational systems, data modeling, VBA.
- Experience in report designing, implementation & support through Excel, Power BI. Ability to work independently with strong leadership, planning, communication and organizational skills.
- Complex problem solving & critical thinking skills.
- Experience in an ERP environment (SAP is considered a strong asset)
External Applications: Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the posting number in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please email your resumes and Complete Form – Application For In-House Position, posting number, and forward to “WORK”.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
UFA Co-operative Limited is an Alberta-based agricultural co-operative with more than 120,000 member-owners. Founded in 1909, UFA's network comprises more than 111 bulk fuel and Petroleum Cardlock locations, 34 Farm & Ranch Supply stores and a support office located in Calgary. Independent Petroleum agents and more than 950 employees provide products, services and agricultural solutions to farmers, ranchers, members, consumers and commercial customers in Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan.